Founded by Andrew Dewar Rattray in 1868, A. D. Rattray began trading as an importer of French wines, Italian spirits and olive oil. More importantly, however, the company also established itself as a specialist in the field of blending and storage of malt and grain whiskies.
The company’s horse-drawn carts, carrying cases of fine wine and spirits, were a familiar sight on Clydeside and in Central Glasgow during the late 1800s. As such, A. D. Rattray came to represent a number of well-known Highland Malt distilleries – most notably Stronachie – selling bulk whisky to wine and spirit merchants, publicans and the main Scotch whisky blending houses all across the West of Scotland.
Following the death of Andrew Dewar Rattray and a crisis in the industry, the company passed into the hands of the enterprising whisky broker William Walker, whose daughter later married Stanley P. Morrison. This union of these two whisky-loving families, the Walkers and the Morrison, secured the future of A. D. Rattray and allowed it to pass into the hand of their descendant and our current Chairman, Stanley Walker Morrison.
Colour: Lemon gold.
Nose: Smoke, grilled lemon scallops and beach bonfire embers.
Palate: Butter tablet, roasted peanut and sweet, salty peat..
Finish: Light ash and pipe tobacco leave a lasting impression.
Sweet smoke, lemon and salted nuts.
Colour: Golden shimmer.
Nose: Zesty lemon, creamy vanilla fudge, subtle mint and jasmine blossom.
Palate: A silky texture exuding barley sugar and hazelnut, livened with cinnamon.
Finish: Concluding with malt biscuit and black pepper.
Sweet, citrus fresh and silky smooth.
Click the link to find A.D Rattray products in your area